Sunday, January 26, 2020

Weekend in Snowshoe, West Virginia: The things I did and saw...



My long weekend in Snowshoe...

It has been an enjoyable weekend of writing for me. I have been warm and cozied up in the condo, which happens to reside on top of a mountain. It has snowed and has been below freezing, but I have gotten thousands of words written for novel number four!

On the way, I observed:

A rooster coup? There were at least fifty roosters, and each had their own little house. Something I have never seen before.

A man, riding a bike, talking on his cell phone, riding the wrong way down the highway. This was also a first for this New Jersey girl.


And last, but certainly not least... as we were driving literally THROUGH a mountain, this psycho in a compact Chevy car, rode our bumper so closely we could not see his headlights in our rear-view mirror! I kid you not. We drive a Jeep and were taking the curves pretty nicely, but it wasn't fast enough for this guy. Talk about stress. Finally he passed us and we then enjoyed the windy roads once again.

Talk about a jam packed weekend!





More from Author Deanna Martinez:

Using owned media as an author

Social Media course reveal



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice trip, despite weirdo bumper butters!! I was talking to Hans about an idea where you could post messages on the rear of your car. They would light up and flash for the person behind you. "If you can read this, you are too close!" HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brilliant! Like a neon bumper billboard! Patent that idea, quick!

    ReplyDelete