Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Would you rather?


My daughter is eight years old. Most mornings in carpool we usually play the game, would you rather...initiated by her, of course. 

If you're not familiar with this game, one person is asked a question along the lines of, "Would you rather be able to make yourself invisible or be able to read people's minds". 

As we sat in carpool patiently awaiting morning drop of, my daughter presented me with this doozy, "Would you rather only be able to bake or write for the rest of your life?"

I paused for a moment before answering. 
Side note... I own a cottage bakery and am a published author and freelance food writer. So, both tasks are extremely important to me.

After a quick pause, I responded with, "Writing!"

As much as I love to bake, I learned that morning that my true love is, you guessed it, writing. 

It took an innocent eight year old to help me realize what is truly important to me in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment